Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hi my names Katrina and...

...I have an insatiable desire to befriend as many people, explore as many places, and test as many foods that my planet earth and my short life can accommodate. (Que bored Alcoholics Anonymous-esque "hello katrina".) Deep right? In simpler terms, I like to travel. A lot. This inescapable polarization towards the unknown nouns (people, places and things) that we share our planet with is what is leading me to spend my junior year of high school abroad, living with a random family, in a random town, in a not so random country- Spain. Crazy, right? Much of my home town- a small beach community in Rhode Island, USA- agrees.

Luckily, my wonderful parents could not have been more accommodating, supporting and all around amazing (but in reality I shouldn't be surprised...they always threatened to sell me off to the gypsies). After a nearly impossible application process and excruciating waiting, I was finally accepted into AFS-Spain on March 19th. Since then, I have been anxiously awaiting an email with my host family placement, therefore verifying my future home for the next 10 months. Despite my obvious impatience, I could not be more excited. Follow  this blog to experience my ups and down as I take on my greatest adventure yet: conquering Spain at only sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment